What is the difference between a PointForm tool for turnouts and one for crossovers, slip switches, three-ways or dual gauge?

To build "special trackwork" such as crossovers, three-way turnouts, slip switches and dual gauge, additional frog points may be needed that are a different angle than the standard size.

These PointForm tools have an additional groove in them to allow these additional sizes to be formed.

Did you find this article helpful?