Is there a way to print just the switch part of a printable template? All that other gobbledygook is using up all my ink!
Yes, there is a lot of additional information on the tie templates that doesn't need to be printed. So here is a way to just print the switch portion of the tie template.
- Ensure you have the latest Adobe Reader. You can download the latest version here.
- Open the template in Adobe.
- Click on the Magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen. If you don't see the magnifying glass icon, right click and select Marquee Zoom.
IMAGE 1 - Click image to embiggen
- Draw a box around the part of the tie template you want to print. If it is a multi-page template, be certain to include the targets used to align the pages after.
IMAGE 2 - Click image to embiggen
- Click in the print icon on the top left-hand side of the page. When the print options dialog box opens, select Current View in the Print Page section. (Shown in image 3 next to the 1.)
- Select None on the Page Scaling drop-down list from the Page Handling section as shown in the image 3 next to line 2. This is very important, otherwise the printed turnout will not be full size.
- Draw a box around the portion of the tie template you want to print. If it is a multi-page template, be certain to include the targets used to align the pages after.
IMAGE 3 - lick image to embiggen
- Click on OK to send the image to the printer. Repeat steps 3 through 7 for each page of the template.
Did you find this article helpful?