No. The use of a PointForm tool is totally optional. However using it will make it much easier to form the frog and switch points and will always yield more precise results. We do include a PointForm tool with all our track building kits.
Articles in this section
- What is the PointForm tool used for?
- Do I need to purchase a PointForm tool in order to use the Fast Tracks Assembly Fixtures?
- What is the difference between a PointForm tool for turnouts and one for crossovers, slip switches, three-ways or dual gauge?
- What is the projected life span of the PointForm?
- Can I use a belt sander to file the points using a PointForm tool?
- What are PointForm tools made from?
- How heavy is a PointForm? What will it cost to have one shipped?
- My PointForm tool has rust on it. How do I clean it off, and how do I prevent it from rusting again?
- There are no switch points on a crossing, do I still need a PointForm tool?
- Can I hold the tool in a vise while filing?