No. The use of a StockAid tool is totally optional. However removing the base of the stock rail is a difficult task that is made much simpler by the StockAid tool.
Articles in this section
- What is the StockAid tool used for?
- Do I need to purchase a StockAid tool in order to use the Fast Tracks Assembly Fixtures?
- Do I need a different StockAid tool for each turnout size?
- Why aren't StockAid tools included in the track building kits by default?
- What is the projected life span of the StockAid tool?
- Can't I just clamp the rail in a vise to do the same thing?
- How heavy is a StockAid? What will it cost to have one shipped?
- My StockAid tool has rust on it. How do I clean it off, and how do I prevent it from rusting again?
- What is the largest sized rail I can use in the StockAid tool?
- What are StockAid tools made from?