It isn't necessary to have the turnout PC board ties the same thickness as the wood ties as a fixture built turnout will simply sit on top of the wood ties. The clearance under the PC board tie is easily hidden when ballasted in place. With cross ties we found it works better to have them full thickness and the same height as the wood ties.
Articles in this section
- What are PC board ties used for?
- What is PC board made from?
- What are CopperHead PC board ties?
- I have purchased PC Board ties before and they were always twisted. Are yours twisted as well?
- Won't the copper plating cause a dead short?
- Your PC Board Ties don't match the thickness of wood ties. Won't that be a problem?
- Are the PC Board Ties copper plated on both sides of the tie?
- Can I get pre-gapped ties?
- Why are the crossties available at the same thickness as wood ties, but the turnout ties are not?
- How thick are your PC board ties?